With everything that’s been going on in the past year, dating became significantly more difficult. You couldn’t go out much, bars, cafes, even public libraries were closed, and meeting someone the old-fashioned way became virtually impossible. It’s no wonder that searches for the best online dating sites for black people went up.
Since the start of the pandemic, 53% of dating app users have started using their favorite apps more. If you want to join in on the game, have some fun, and meet “local black singles near me” without breaking the rules of social isolation, you need to start looking for the top dating sites for black people.
Fortunately, whether you’re looking for love, marriage, or just casual encounters, there are plenty of sites and apps that can help you find like-minded black singles. So, let’s check out some of the best dating sites for black people and see which one suits your needs.
Good Dating Sites for Young Black People
Online dating for black people can be pretty annoying if you’re using generic sites and apps. It’s difficult to filter out hurtful comments, rude messages, and hateful people – it can all get too overwhelming too quickly.
If you want to meet singles who genuinely share your interests and preferences and who want to enjoy their time with you, you’ll have a much better time using niche online dating sites for black singles specifically.
AfroIntroductions is one of the most popular dating sites for black people. It boasts over 2.5 million members, so you should find it easy to meet people to have fun with. Owned by Cupid Media, the site is trustworthy and reliable, with excellent search filters that’ll help you make your perfect match.
- Large member base worldwide;
- Great gender proportion (∼45% female/ 55% male);
- Detailed profiles;
- Convenient, user-friendly app.
- Free members cannot send messages to one another;
- Slightly outdated app design.
Although it’s designed as one of the dating sites for black singles, BlackPeopleMeet is open for all races. As long as you’re a fan of all shades of ebony, you can easily join it. It’s one of the top local dating sites that enables you to find like-minded individuals in your vicinity, whether you’re looking for something serious or not.
- 5 million members worldwide;
- Profiles can have up to 30 pictures;
- Get 11 featured matches daily.
- All profile pictures are visible to all members;
- Free users cannot send messages.
EbonyFlirt stands out among dating websites for black people as it offers a variety of free and premium features that allow even non-paying members to have some fun. It almost works like a social media platform, allowing you to share your status, play fun matching games, share photos and videos in the chat, and more.
- Generous free features (Cute or Not game, five daily chats, search filters, and more);
- Open to gays, lesbians, and bisexuals;
- Three safe modes – off, basic, and full.
- More male than female members (∼33% female/ 67% male);
- A few fake profiles.
AfroRomance makes dating for black people look easy. You’ll easily find local dating matches, whether you’re searching for ebony or ivory love. The site specializes in matching black men with white women and vice versa, so regardless of your race, you should be able to find someone to have a good time with.
- Equal male to female member ratio;
- Best for finding serious relationships;
- Advanced search filters are available for free.
- Messaging is a premium feature;
- No mobile app.
Although BlackCupid is primarily designed for African-American singles, it welcomes members of all races. It has a diverse member base, with thousands of new users joining the site daily. You’ll have access to an abundance of features that enable you to perfect your match criteria to a tee.
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface;
- Suspicious accounts are quickly suspended;
- Free filters for matches.
- Disproportionately more male than female members (∼19% female/ 81% male);
- Free members cannot contact one another;
- The app isn’t available for iOS.
What Distinguishes the Best Dating Sites
When searching for the best online dating site for black people, you’ll need to learn how to distinguish the good from the bad before you upgrade to a paid subscription. The best way to determine the quality of the site is to do a bit of research and examine the features beforehand.
Start by looking at user reviews and testimonials, and check out review sites to see what they say. Then, look for the following features:
- Vast member base:
- The more site users there are, the more likely you’ll be to find a good match in your area.
- Good security features:
- Advanced search options:
- Search filters like age range, location, and gender can be adequate if you’re looking for a casual encounter. However, if you want to find a serious relationship, you’ll need more advanced features to find members who share your interests.
- Member verification system:
- Spams and fakes will always find a way to penetrate a dating website, but if a site has an advanced verification system, the chances of coming across fake profiles are slimmer.
Additionally, examine the member messaging system, mobile app, and price tag to find out whether the site suits you well.
Joining a dating site for black singles can completely transform your love life, but only if you find a site that checks all your boxes. So, always remember to test a few different options before committing and spending your money.
1. How to start dating again for black people?
Join a dating site, keep an open mind, and stay honest about your intentions. Don’t be afraid to take a few risks and be the first one to reach out to new people.
2. What dating site works best for black people?
Every site and app comes with its unique pros and cons that will either make you love it or hate it. It all depends on your unique tastes and preferences. That’s why it’s always a good idea to test out a few different sites before committing.
3. On which black people dating site can I find Patrice Lee from VA?
Finding specific people on dating sites can be challenging if you’re not a member of the site in question. Most dating sites will have the option to search for other members based on your location, so join a few sites popular in your area, turn on your location, and try to find the person you’re looking for.
4. What is the highest-rated online dating site for black people?
The sites we’ve discussed above are some of the highest-rated ones that are known for successfully bringing black singles together. However, just because a site is highly rated doesn’t mean that it will immediately work for you. Examine your options, test out a few different sites and apps, and decide which one works best for you.